This two-day, hands-on course introduces students to the key features and basic interface of iWork ’09. iWork ’09 is Apple’s suite of productivity tools that includes Pages for producing professional looking documents, Numbers for creating spreadsheets, tables and charts, and Keynote for developing high-quality presentations.
In this course, you will learn how to to create everything from first-rate business presentations and newsletters to effective budgets and event planners. Learn how to effortlessly create stunning presentations, complete with Apple-designed themes, cinema-quality animations, and voiceover narration. Create compelling spreadsheets for everything from family budgets and event planning to invoices and complex financial reports. All three applications offer import and export compatibility with Microsoft Office applications.
Who Should Attend
This class is designed for educators, students, professionals, and others who prefer hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore the functionality of the iWork ’09 applications. This course prepares students to pass the Apple Certified Associate, iWork ’09 exam.
What You Will Learn
- Master iWork quickly through fun, real-world projects
- Design a Keynote presentation from storyboard to Web export
- Add animated charts and motion backgrounds to a presentation with ease
- Publish great-looking newsletters and brochures in print and on the Web
- Build a professional marketing package from scratch
- Create expense reports, track budgets, and plan special events
- Sort, organize, and chart data using sophisticated spreadsheet calculations
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Basic knowledge of the Macintosh OS
Course Outline | iWork – Intro to iWork ’09
Course Outline – Day 1