Course Outline | Introduction to iPhone Development
This five-day workshop is designed to introduce students to writing iPhone applications in the the XCode Integrated Development Environment (IDE), using the iPhone Software Development Kit (SDK).
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for those who wish to learn how to program with Objective-C and build basic iPhone applications using the XCode In. Students will to distribute applications through the iTunes Application Store.
What You Will Learn
- How to develop Objective-C and iPhone/iPad programs in the XCode IDE
- How to design graphical user interfaces (GUI) with Interface Builder
- How to build basic applications using the iPhone SDK
- How to successfully implement the User Interface Guidelines as defined by Apple
- How to handle user input and storing data
- How to create view- and table-based apps
- How to finalize and upload your app to the iTunes Store.
PrerequisitesStudents should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming languages and experience with an integrated development environment (IDE).
- Completed the application process for the iPhone Developer Program. This is necessary to sign and distribute applications. The application can be started at http://developer.apple.com
- Note: The application fee for the iPhone Developer Program is $99.00.