OS X Support Essentials 10.10
OS X Yosemite Support Essentials is a three-day course that gives you a tour of OS X Yosemite and covers the best ways to support OS X Yosemite users. The course includes lectures and hands-on exercises that provide real-world experience.
Who Should Attend
- Help desk specialists, technical coordinators, technical support personnel, service technicians, technology specialists, power users, teachers, and others who support Mac users in educational or business organizations
- Technical coordinators, teachers, or power users who manage computer networks or computer labs that run OS X
What You’ll Learn
- The OS X Yosemite troubleshooting process
- How to use OS X Yosemite tools and resources to troubleshoot OS X Yosemite
- S X Yosemite features and functionality, including how to find more information about OS X Yosemite
- How to prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) 10.10 certification
- OS X knowledge and basic computer navigation skills
Yosemite 201 Server Essentials 10.10
The Mac OS X Server Essentials class shows you how to configure, and trouble-shoot, Mac OS X Server services. Continue to build your certification level: Pass the Max OS X Server Essentials exam (in addition to the Mac OS X Support Essentials exam), and you will attain the highly regarded status of Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC).
Sample topics include:
- Install, and configure, Mac OS X Server effectively for different work environments
- Configure and troubleshoot file services
- Host multiple web sites on a single server, and provide WebDAV access to files
- Set up and configure wikis, blogs, iChat server, and iCal server
- Manage accounts preferences
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 Boot Camp
The Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) 10.10 Boot Camp is a combined delivery of the Yosemite 101 and Yosemite 201 courses and associated certification exams. This hands-on course provides an in-depth exploration of functionality and troubleshooting in OS X and the best methods for supporting users of OS X systems.
This course also gives technical coordinators and entry-level system administrators the skills, tools, and knowledge to implement and maintain a network that uses OS X Server. Students learn how to install and configure OS X Server to provide network-based services, such as file sharing, authentication, and printing. Tools for managing and deploying OS X and software updates are also covered.
Who Should Attend
This course is a compressed delivery of two courses, so only those who are already familiar with the concepts and comfortable working at a quick pace should attend. The ACTC Boot Camp is designed for:
- Help desk specialists
- Technical coordinators
- Service technicians
- Entry-level system administrators who support Mac users or implement and maintain networks using OS X Server
- Technical support people who use Mac computers for general productivity or creative design
- Technical coordinators or power users who manage networks of computers running OS X— such as teachers and technology specialists who manage classroom networks or computer labs
- Basic OS X knowledge
- Basic troubleshooting experience
- Experience with OS X in a network environment