Course Outline | GarageBand ’11 101 – Intro to GarageBand ’11
This one-day, hands-on course introduces students to the features and interface of GarageBand ’11, which is part of iLife ’11. iLife ’11 is a suite of digital authoring tools that comes with every Mac: iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand ’11, iDVD, and iWeb. Whether you’re an accomplished musician or student, GarageBand ’11 is the most rewarding way to create, perform and record your own music. Learn the interface and basic recording techniques, then move on to arranging a song, editing and mixing tracks, adding effects and distributing your music files.
Who Should Attend
This class is designed for anyone who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore the functionality of GarageBand ’11. Students who want to prepare for the Apple Certified Associate, iLife ’11 exam may prefer to take the three-day iLife 201 course which covers all the applications in the iLife ’11 exam suite.
What You Will Learn
- Turn your Mac into a full-featured recording studio
- Arrange a song, edit and mix tracks, add effects and distribute your music
- Use Magic GarageBand ’11 Jam to create your own virtual backing band
- Create a podcast complete with narration, music, sound effects and artwork
- Create an iPhone ringtone from scratch
- Learn piano and guitar through interactive video lessons with legendary recording artists
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Basic knowledge of the Macintosh OS
- Knowledge of basic audio terminology